[cfe-users] a couple struct & alignment questions

Matthew O'Connor thegreendragon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:48:44 PDT 2014

All,

I'm using Clang as a frontend for C compilation. I have some tweaks I need
to make to the produced IR. I'm not sure if there's a way to get what I
want via CLI options. I'd like to be able to make them without making any
changes to Clang itself.

1. Is there a way to force Clang to respect a struct being passed by value
in the source (either as arguments or the return value from a function) and
not converted to pointers in & out?

I think, roughly, what I want is to be able to "disable" Clang's use of
ABIArgInfo's Kind's Indirect & Expand.

2. Is there a way to make Clang only perform aligned loads & stores?

Thanks,
Matthew