[cfe-users] LLVM/Clang Visual Studio build errors

Michael Price michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 09:42:05 PDT 2013

I've installed the VS extension and tried to build some code with it.  I
get the following errors:

1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/Zi'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/MP'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/Gm-'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/EHa'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/GS'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/Gy'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/fp:precise'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation:
'/FdRelease\incore.pdb'
1>clang cl.exe : error : argument unused during compilation: '/Gd'

Am I correct in guessing that these are just MSVC flags that Clang's cl.exe
driver doesn't understand yet, so it bails?