[cfe-users] Visual Studio clang-format extension difficulties

Michael Price michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 09:17:02 PDT 2013

Alright, I figured it out.

The name of the file literally has to be ".clang-format".  A file that has
an extension of ".clang-format" is not good enough.  IMO, the documentation
should either be made more clear, or we should allows that form of
filename.  On Windows, it is not obvious how to create a file that "has no
filename, only an 'extension'".  In fact, Explorer freaks out and won't let
you do it, you have to do it from the command-line or some application.  If
I don't get any hits on this list, I'll forward over to the cfe-dev list.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Michael Price <michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com