[cfe-users] Instructions for installing Clang Analyzer

Fletcher, John P j.p.fletcher at aston.ac.uk
Thu Jan 10 08:28:52 PST 2013

Gordon

Thank you for that.  That page gives instructions to build clang from the svn.  It doesn't mention the analyzer specifically, though it does refer to extra tools.

Reading the instructions I quoted before, I can see an implication that building clang does build the analyzer but doesn't install it.  Is that correct?  If so, all that is needed is to make these instructions a bit clearer.

At the moment I have clang built from the distribution 3.2, rather than the svn version.

What I would like to do is to build and use an analyzer which is compatible with the distribution code.  If it is already in the 3.2 distribution, all I need to do is to find the binaries and copy them to my install directory, or link from there to where they actually are.

If analyzer is not in the distribution,   I need a download of the source code compatible with the distribution.

Thanks again

John