[cfe-users] cldoc, a clang based documentation generator for C and C++

Jesse van den Kieboom jessevdk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:35:55 PST 2013

Dear all,

I just wanted to announce a small project I have been working on since the
last few weeks. cldoc is a clang based documentation generator for C and
C++. cldoc tries to solve the issue of writing C/C++ software documentation
with a modern, non-intrusive and robust approach.

*Features:*

   - Uses clang to robustly parse even the most complex C++ projects
   without additional effort from the user.
   - Requires zero configuration.
   - Uses markdown for documentation formatting.
   - Generates an xml description of the API which can be reused for other
   purposes.
   - Uses a simple format for documenting your code.
   - Supports cross-referencing in documentation.
   - Generates a single file, javascript based web application to render
   the documentation.
   - Integrates seamlessly with your existing website.
   - Lightning fast client-side searching using a pregenerated search index.
   - Generates a formatted documentation coverage report and integrates it
   in the website.

More information can be found on the website:
http://jessevdk.github.com/cldoc. Sources are on github:
https://github.com/jessevdk/cldoc

With kind regards,

Jesse van den Kieboom