[cfe-users] libclang: generating pretokenized headers

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 01:20:08 PDT 2013

Hello List,

Can pretokenized headers be generated using libclang? I've had a look at
the page on pretokenized headers [0] but there's no mention to libclang
at all. Bad omen?

Also, would using pretokenized headers help reducing the time it takes to
parse an AST with libclang or does it drop any `-include-pth' options
passed to clang_parseTranslationUnit?

This seems like a wonderful feature as I'm seeing parsing times of over 7
seconds per source file, however I'd rather hear from an expert on
(lib)clang's internals before moving ahead and implementing this feature.

[0] http://clang.llvm.org/docs/PTHInternals.html

--
Miguel