[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Daniel Martín via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 13 04:28:46 PDT 2020

Fangrui Song via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> One property of "Squash and merge" is that it will add intermediate
> commits as bullet points (`* `). In many cases the merger does not spend
> more time cleaning up the description so a commit may look like:
>
> ```
>     RFC: treat small negative λ as 0 for sqrt(::Hermitian) (#35057)
>
>     * treat small negative λ as 0 for sqrt(::Hermitian) and log(::Hermitian)
>
>     * typo
>
>     * added tests, docs; removed rtol argument for log
>
>     * don't ask for rtol so close to eps(Float64)
> ```

There are some inelegant ways to workaround that problem (see, for
example,
https://github.com/material-foundation/github-squash-and-merge-pr-descriptions
if you are using Chrome).

I think I suggested GitHub some time ago that they should at least
give the option to include the PR description in the squashed commit
description, but I got no response yet.