[cfe-dev] LibTooling and Control Flow Analyses

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 4 11:16:02 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I've implemented a control-flow based analysis by deriving a CFG from an
AnalysisDeclContext.  For fixed-point iteration I've used the
ForwardDataflowWorklist.  The whole analysis is implemented directly
into clang which may emit a couple of warnings during compilation.
However, the analysis is actually independent and could therefore run on
its own.  Thus I thought it would be also nice to have a standalone tool
which led me to LibTooling.

Everything I read so far about LibTooling was about walking over the
AST.  Is it also possible to derive a CFG in LibTooling (maybe from an
ASTContext)?

Cheers,
Stefan