[cfe-dev] Can we remove llvmbb from IRC?

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 10:34:19 PDT 2020

Fair enough - it is very noisy.

I'm surprised these aren't all producing corresponding emails, though (at
least those only go to the people on the blame list - but that seemed to be
the case Nico was citing - though the general "I'm not even to blame but
this is adding a lot of noise to the channel/making it hard to have
conversations" is a broad/broader problem). And still seems important to
improve the signal/noise ratio.

Sent https://reviews.llvm.org/D87100 to do that. & also looking into the
config about IRC V email notification configuration. Hopefully those
configurations can be unified. I don't think it's any more appropriate to
send IRC notifications than email notifications. (I guess now that the IRC
notifications will be fairly opt-in, maybe - but I still would rather there
be less noise to make the signal stand out, so if a bot isn't producing
accurate enough info to send mail, then maybe not IRC either)