[cfe-dev] Diagnostic won't emit

Andrzej Warzynski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 9 12:18:17 PDT 2020

Hi Billy,

It's a bit tricky to help without seeing the code :) Are you using any
specific/custom diagnostic consumer? Is your properly DiagnosticBuilder
destroyed? AFAIK, that's when the message is printed.

Here's a bit more up-to-date example:
*
https://github.com/banach-space/clang-tutor/blob/master/lib/CodeStyleChecker.cpp#L97-L102
And a test that verifies that the diagnostic is indeed printed:
*
https://github.com/banach-space/clang-tutor/blob/master/test/CodeStyleCheckerMacro.cpp

Happy to help if that example doesn't work for you! Hopefully it will
help debugging your own code :)

-Andrzej