[cfe-dev] RFC: Easier AST Matching by Default

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 27 07:15:24 PDT 2020

On Wed 27 May 2020, 13:38 Stephen Kelly, <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be away now for a few hours. I'll look more into the bug discovered
> via the transform library when I return.

I also want to say that I'm fine with reverting this latch temporarily to
make time for adjustment to be made in your codebase.

I have a follow up patch ready to commit after the change of default, but I
deliberately didn't commit it yet because I expected there might be an
issue like this - motivated externally and which I couldn't predict -
requiring the change of default to be temporarily reverted.

I knew that the RFC and email thread inevitably wouldn't get some of the
needed attention until the change drew attention to itself :).

I am still afk, so if reverting before I return eases the change, please
proceed as you see fit.

Thanks,

Stephen.