[cfe-dev] [RFC] Opt-in vector of bool type

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 15 07:06:05 PDT 2020

That is an option, its just different from the rest of the vector types so it is a decision we should make intentionally.  I'd also expect said patch/RFC to define what this means in the case of all of the operations.  For example:

Bool1 + Bool2 (I'm told) has a different meaning in the case of vector hardware than normal bools.  I'd expect those to be clarified.

This isn't as simple as reverting Aaron's patch, there is some thought that needs to go into how that works in the case of the variety of operators.