[cfe-dev] [RFC] Changing tool search path priority

David Spickett via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 14 07:11:23 PDT 2020

> ...but I don't think we should ever be looking for
> ${DEFAULT_TRIPLE}-gcc. That doesn't make sense to me at all.

IIt was added in https://reviews.llvm.org/D13340. Quoting a comment there:
""LLVMDefaultTargetTriple is the value specified with the CMake
variable -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE= during configuration time. For
example, using --target=mips64el-mti-linux will search for files prefixed
with either mips64el-mti-linux-{as,ld} and mips-mti-linux-{as,ld} in our
toolchain where we specify -DLLVM_DEFAULT_TARGET_TRIPLE=mips-mti-linux."

I guess that allows you to only package one copy of tools that can handle
both targets.