[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Any real projects for testing Static Analyzer?

Gábor Márton via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 13 09:40:50 PDT 2020

Hi Denis,

I am using csa-testbanch <https://github.com/Xazax-hun/csa-testbench> to
test the performance and stability of my patches. It can aggregate the
analyzer statistics and provides really nice charts. Under the hood it uses
CodeChecker <https://github.com/Ericsson/codechecker/>.
The usual projects I run the tests are (in increasing complexity for the
analyzer):

   - tmux
   - curl
   - redis
   - xerces
   - bitcoin
   - protobuf

Here are two example configurations that I use for the testbanch:

   - C projects
   <https://github.com/Ericsson/clang-jenkins/blob/master/jenkins_home/c_projects_jenkins.json>
   - C++ projects
   <https://github.com/Ericsson/clang-jenkins/blob/master/jenkins_home/cpp_projects_jenkins.json>

Note, these config files describe how to build the projects and what kind
of parameters to add to each analyzer invocations.

Cheers,
Gabor