[cfe-dev] RFC: Adding constructor homing to clang's limited debug info mode

Lubos Lunak via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 7 01:28:34 PDT 2020

On Thursday 07 of May 2020, Amy Huang via cfe-dev wrote:
> Recently I added a level to clang's debug info
> (-debug-info-kind=constructor) based on Reid's constructor type homing
> idea.
> Any feedback is welcome! Especially looking for opinions on whether this
> should be the default for limited debug info, or if more testing is
> preferred, what that might look like.

 FWIW I've been using -debug-info-kind=constructor locally for LibreOffice
development, and I haven't noticed a single problem (and yes, it noticeably
reduces file sizes and build time). Since one of LibreOffice's
tongue-in-cheek mottos is "proudly breaking your toolchain since 1985", I'd
be happy to run any tests with it if you'd be interested in testing the
feature with yet another large C++ codebase.

--
 Lubos Lunak