[cfe-dev] how does clang control whether the unroll-loop pass work or not by default?

林政宗 via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 26 02:52:49 PDT 2020

Hi, there.

I want to figure out how the unroll-loop pass is controlled by clang. which option or struct in the source code tell the unroll-loop pass to work or not to work?
include/clang/Basic/CodeGenOptions.def

CODEGENOPT(UnrollLoops       , 1, 1) ///< Control whether loops are unrolled.
I tried to modify the above option. The second "1" is "0" initially. I modified the original "0" to "1". But clang would do the unroll-loop pass whether it is "0" or "1".
I wonder how clang instructs the unroll-loop pass to work or not to work?

Thanks,
Jerry