[cfe-dev] [RFC] new format string attributes

jf via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 23 22:41:35 PDT 2020

Hi,

did you see my post :
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2020-March/064945.html ?

Also, I don't think there is a way to printf a utf16 string if not
compiled with -fshort-wchar and viceversa. So I like your idea of havind
a %us and %Us (same for %c). It's missing.

u16printf (and u16sprintf, etc.) would output in a utf16 string and
u32printf would output a utf32 ? Great. Maybe we should add a utf8printf
that use the new format ?

If you liked my post, it'll be great to have the compiler to be able to
adapt the format litteral depending of the arguments, so we can just put
%s, %c, %d for all types of strings, chars and integer, compiler adding
the format attribute in the litteral as needed.

Jief