[cfe-dev] GDB on LLVM-clang

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 17 13:24:29 PDT 2020

I’m not sure we have a guide anywhere, but its just like debugging any other program with GDB.  Make sure you’ve built with debug symbols, and have at it.  There are some tips (many things have a .dump method that prints some interesting info, and we also have some pretty-printers for gdb in llvm/utils/gdb-scripts/prettyprinters.py), but otherwise you just use GDB like normal.