[cfe-dev] [CMake][Clang] Include llvm/Config/config.h under the clang source tree

Balázs Benics via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 29 08:11:34 PDT 2020

Hi list

It turns out I can not include the `llvm/Config/config.h` under the clang
source tree.
And, I accidentally did so, breaking some build according to Michał Górny
in D78704 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D78704>.

How can we prevent this from happening in the future?
Shouldn't be such //private// headers private to the CMake target in the
first place?

In the mentioned patch I need a specific build configuration info for the
test.
I'm checking if the `LLVM_WITH_Z3` is defined or not - to detect the
availability of Z3.
How should I query this instead?

I'm certainly not fluent in CMake so I would appreciate some help resolving
this.

/CC Michał Górny

Thanks, Balazs.