[cfe-dev] Debugging Clang with Visual Studio

Michael Kruse via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 14 08:42:53 PDT 2020

This would be an issue of the Visual Studio debugger, not of the
program you are debugging.

Like this is because when you launch clang, you are launching just the
driver which invokes itself as `clang -cc1` (although under some
conditions it invokes itself directly). Visual Studio does not debug
processes the

To see what happens, I suggest to start debugging using "step into"
(or set a breakpoint in main of driver.cpp) and continue from there.

Michael