[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Bugzilla migration plan

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 10 10:23:59 PDT 2020

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 at 16:20, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> Why? If you migrate the issue inside GH, then GH does the necessary
> redirects on its side.
>
> So, we will be taking care about PR1234 =>
> llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234 redirect and github will further
> redirect from llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234 to
> llvm-project/issues/5678.

David's reply is what I was referring to. All other PRXXX references
all over the place that won't change.

Over time, the bugs alive today will end up with two references, 1234
and 5678 and it will be confusing which bug you're talking about.

However, like David, I don't think that's a blocker. I expect the two
ranges to be disjoint, so no clashes.

LGTM otherwise. While I weirdly like Bugzilla, I think we'll be much
better off using anything else.

cheers,
--renato