[cfe-dev] RFC: Bugzilla migration plan

Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 10 07:50:07 PDT 2020

Hi Kristof,

> If I remember correctly, one of the main concerns here is making sure that one can still easily find issues based on existing bugzilla IDs in existing comments, commit messages etc.
> Do I understand correctly that after the migration, for an existing reference to "PR1234", you'll need to go to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234 to find it (after our bugzilla server has been shut down)?
> That seems workable if we document that well.
Oh, maybe I was not clear

- We will install llvm.org side redirect. So, links like
llvm.org/PR1234 will redirect to
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234
- Since we will migrate issue to llvm-project, github will redirect by
itself from https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-import/issues/1234
to https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/XYZ for whatever value
XYZ will be.

During the bugzilla import we will also replace PR1234 in the comment
text to #1234 and github during the migration will properly rewrite
these references to llvm-project/issues/XYZ ones.

> One other area where I thought there was quite a bit of debate was about how components will map to labels; mainly triggered because current bug triagers and watchers are looking for how they will be able to set up filters to see the bug updates they are interested in.
> I wonder what the most recent thinking is on that?
I made the first set of labels (and they are outlined in the google
doc I made previously) basing the list of components / products we're
having in Bugzilla

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University