[cfe-dev] Cannot build Clang etc. on Windows in Debug Mode

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 9 06:34:29 PDT 2020

> It turned out that (at least for the Debug Builds) I also need to "set
> CL=/bigobj" - which is not mentioned anywhere.
>
> For now I am able to build Clang in Debug Mode.
>
> Thanks everyone. Stay safe and have a nice Summer - or a not too cold
> Winter :)
> Olli

In the past, there have been only a few modules that needed /bigobj,
and they're all in unittests IIRC.  If you are running into other
modules that now need it, an upstream patch that sets /bigobj for
just those modules would be very welcome.  Search the CMakeLists.txt
files for /bigobj to find examples of how to do this.
--paulr