[cfe-dev] Turn off lint pre-merge checks for test/

MyDeveloper Day via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 6 05:55:03 PDT 2020

Maybe it is time to add capability for a .clang-format-ignore file that can
work across the tree, then those that want to turn them off could?

There are some areas where the tests are already clean. It would be a shame
to not keep them so, but I understand that FileCheck sometimes might need
comments with length that don't meet the style guide

For now could you simply add a local .clang_format file in the test
directory to turn clang-format off

e.g.
BasedOnStyle:LLVM
DisableFormat: true