[cfe-dev] Reflection TS

Nick Meyer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 22 17:55:00 PST 2020

Hi all,

I want to start a thread about implementing the Reflection TS in Clang.

I've been chatting a bit with Matus Chochlik about this, but I also want to
get input from others on the best way to structure the code.  Currently,
I'm close to having the parsing for type reflection working.  Right now the
reflexpr keyword returns a specialized trait.  My plan was to then define
all the reflection traits as type traits that dispatch to an intrinsic.
For value reflection, I was thinking we could follow a similar pattern
except we might have to generate a type (instead of simply specializing a
template) to represent the value.

I want to get input from others about this direction to see if it is
reasonable or not before I go to far.  This is my first time working on
Clang, so not sure how these discussions typically start.  Let me know if I
should provide more detail on my comments above.

All best,
Nick