[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Evaluating a call to operator bool()

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 21 07:09:47 PST 2020

On 1/21/20 8:22 AM, philip.chimento at gmail.com wrote:
> Can I do this without compiling my own clang and llvm? I have tried to
> figure out how to dump the graph before, but I thought I ran into the
> problem of having to have a debug-enabled copy of clang.

Yes, i think you have to compile your clang for this (with assertions,
but not necessarily unoptimized). You need to compile it in order to
build your checker as well (or are you using the plugin interface? it's
very unstable!).

> By the way, these talk videos you've sent have really been quite
> useful, and I think they'd be prime candidates for turning into
> documentation or blog posts! I haven't yet found time to watch them
> all the way through, but documentation would be searchable and
> browseable :-)

Well, yeah. Also we have a collection of useful links in
https://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/checker_dev_manual.html