[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Nicolai Hähnle via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 15 10:55:20 PST 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:41 AM Renato Golin <rengolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> We rarely approve some patches and not others in a series, and when we
> do, we ask people to create a new series without the approved patch,
> or split them, so that we can continue reviewing the series.

This has simply not been true in my experience. Actually, not having
to re-send a new series is one of the main advantages that
Phabricator-based review has over the original review style for Git,
which is to send patch series via mailing lists.

It might be the case that you occasionally have series where major
redesigns are required, and then asking for a fresh start makes sense.

Cheers,
Nicolai

--
Lerne, wie die Welt wirklich ist,
aber vergiss niemals, wie sie sein sollte.