[cfe-dev] [RFC] Handling implementation limits

Mark de Wever via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 4 10:46:29 PST 2020

On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 05:16:33PM +0100, Mark de Wever via cfe-dev wrote:
> This RFC asks the community for its interest in centralizing Clang's
> implementation limits and how you feel about the proposed approach.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Based on the feedback given, I've updated the proof-of-concept [D72053].

Added support for some additional features:
 * Allow limits from the C standard, either sharing the C++ constants or
   separately.
 * Allow to document the design choices for the limit.
 * Allow to track the status of the limit. (This may become obsolete ones all
   limits are implemented, but that can take a while.)

Added some additional fields to test the C support.

Removed the .inc file from the patch, this should not be committed.

Does Objective-C also have limits which should be added?

[D72053] https://reviews.llvm.org/D72053

-Mark