[cfe-dev] [analyzer] gdb pretty printers for analyzer specific types

Sterling Augustine via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 6 15:24:22 PDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 2:16 PM Balázs Benics <benicsbalazs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I have to reimplement the dump functions of the complete
> SVal, MemRegion and SymExpr hierarchy.
> Since those refer to other objects, like a FunctionDecl.

Just how much of a sub-object to dump is always a tricky call. Often the
right call is at a pointer or reference boundary.

Note also that if you implement the children function of the gdb api for
the top-level type, you will get any sub-pretty printers that exist for
free. And if they don't exist, gdb will use its default printing mechanism,
which is often good enough.