[cfe-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: making -ftrivial-auto-var-init=zero a first-class option

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 30 08:20:02 PDT 2020

JF: To Richard's point about raising this at the C++ committee level, has
that already been explored? I got the impression that Richard mostly wanted
to see an *attempt* to standardize the behavior across implementations. If
an attempt has already been made and there is evidence of disagreement,
then it seems like we may already have fulfilled point 4 of the clang
language extension policy, and we can go forward with renaming the flag and
making it permanent. It seems clear that there is adequate appetite for
this feature.

I suppose Richard is the C++ project editor, he would know if an attempt
has been made, but I do not personally have any visibility into the WG21
proceedings or communications.