[cfe-dev] Option -mtune

Sjoerd Meijer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 19 14:01:35 PDT 2020

Thanks for your reply, and I can see that this is the only benefit of this no-op: if your move to Clang and if you still have -mtune set in your build environment, you don't get an "unknown option" error. But for me personally, silently ignoring things and giving the impression it works is worse than a simple Makefile fix, but maybe I am wrong, which is why I checked here on the list. I was guessing that a diagnostic in this case would only be value if it's enabled by default as I'm afraid many users won't enable it? And if you need to add a flag to get this diagnostic, you might as well get rid of -mtune?

Cheers.