[cfe-dev] Distributing static C++ clang libs on Windows

Stephen Crane via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 2 14:12:14 PDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM Tom Stellard <tstellar at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you look at this commit[1], I went through the targets
> and explicitly marked all the symbols that needed to be public.
> I'm not sure if this does better or worse than extract_symbols.py,
> but I think it would be reasonable to start doing this in more
> places throughout the code, e.g. in llvm/lib/CodeGen.

That sounds great. I'm happy to help with that as well. In the
meantime, would distributing static libraries on Windows be a
reasonable option? The *NIX prebuilt tarballs already include the
static libraries for libClang*. I think that would also require
distributing static libs for LLVM as well to link libClang libs
against, but if we can trim the LLVM dylib down enough before the next
release that becomes a moot point.

Thanks,
- stephen