[cfe-dev] Can't get -Wstrict-prototypes to work

Ray Mitchell via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 2 04:19:32 PDT 2020

I am using:  clang version 9.0.0 based upon LLVM 9.0.0-r351376 default target i686-pc-windows-msvc
and my command line is:  clang -Wstrict-prototypes Test.c
The contents of the file is:  int main() { return 0; }

I was expecting to get a warning about not having the keyword void in the parameter list, but I don't get one.  I do get this warning with minGW when this option is specified.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?  Thanks!