[cfe-dev] openmp 4.5 and cuda streams

Alexey Bataev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 30 12:28:22 PDT 2019

Hal, seems to me, not everything is protected. Some buffers are reused
for different kernels, I assume. Better to ask Alex Eichenberger, he
knows more about it, I did not not investigate this problem.

As to clang, we try to reduce the size of the buffers in the global
memory for the reduction/lastprivate/etc. vars, which may escape their
declaration context. These buffers cannot be combined in streams mode,
need to allocate unique buffer for each particular kernel. It is not
very hard to do, it is just not implemented yet.

Best regards,
Alexey Bataev