[cfe-dev] Libtooling 9 segfault

E via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 30 10:03:30 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm currently working on a program that uses libtooling and I've found a consistent segfault in libtooling code.

Details of the segfault:
- The program uses the MatchFinder API to match recordDecls and functionDecls.
- Only reproducible when the program is compiled and ran on Linux. macOS environment does not segfault
- Consistently reproducible when the compile_commands.json supplied to the tool is from the nlohmann/crow repository (https://github.com/nlohmann/crow)
- Backtrace: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/vtkefy-hrjgmyi03i22k0g/raw

I've considered trying to recreate a minimal working example but "slimming down" the large program I'm working on is difficult.
Is there any way to find the cause of this segfault without sharing source?

Many thanks.