[cfe-dev] Clang/llvm build fail

phi clang via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 20 00:43:11 PDT 2019

Hi All
I don't  know if this is the proper distrilist here for the question.
I am new at clang, I tried a clang/llvm build  with the receipe on clang
web pages and my build fail.

My build node is an hp dl360 24 proc 64 gb mem ubuntu 18.04 latest update.
Native cc is gcc 7.

I followed the receipe to the letter for a git dowload build. I did the
bare cmake line that is supposed to bringup a debug version.

The only variation I made is a final

$ make -j 48

The bulk build seems ok with progression going to 100% then massive  ld are
fired that took for ever after 5 hours i killed the build.

The questions
Does make -j supported ?
And does those massive ld are expected and I should have waited longer

Thanx in advance
Cheers