[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] How soon after the GitHub migration should committing with git-llvm become optional?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 17 11:16:39 PDT 2019

I'm also a strong proponent of not requiring the wrapper.

The linear history piece was important enough to make the cost worth
it.  The extra branches piece really isn't.  If someone creates a branch
that's not supposed to exist, we just delete it. No big deal.  It will
happen, but the cost is so low I don't worry about it.

There's a bunch of things in our developer policy we don't enforce
except through social means.  I don't see any reason why the "no
branches" thing needs to be special.

If we really want some automation, a simple script that polls for new
branches every five minutes and deletes them unless on a while list
would work just fine.  :)

Philip