[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] RFC: Moving toward Discord and Discourse for LLVM's discussions

Mehdi AMINI via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 20 22:40:59 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 6:04 PM Andrea Bocci via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, 10:23 Nemanja Ivanovic via cfe-dev, <
> cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>

>> 1. For email, nobody seems to be against Discourse as long as the mailing
>> lists are still a supported way to participate. So this seems
>> non-controversial.
>>

> Does this mean that discussions will end up split into two places (Email
> and Discourse) ?
>
> Or, will Discourse push forum messages to the mailing list, and pull
> replies from the mailing list to the forum ?

This is how Discourse works. Users have to enable "mailing-list mode" in
their profile and then they get a direct email update and can answer on the
emails, their answer gets added to the thread on Discourse. I tried inline
answers and it seemed to work well.

--
Mehdi