[cfe-dev] [Analyzer] StackAddrEscapeChecker & BugReport::addRange()

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 6 08:18:42 PST 2019

This wasn't an intentional change (at least i don't remember ever
intending it) and i can't reproduce the problem on a recent clang. I
didn't try 8.1 but both on 8.0 and on a recent "10.0" master i see the
warning placed at the end of function and the stack variable location
highlighted; there are no obvious changes in the visual output, neither
in the plist output nor in html output).

I don't see a problem with stack variable location highlighting as such.
It won't affect console output where range highlighting is the most
useful as it causes ~~~~~~s to appear, but nonetheless it's pretty harmless.

Path sensitive reports generally don't end up anywhere except the bug
node location unless you mess real hard with your bug report (eg.,
inherit from BugReport to override the virtual method getLocation()).

I guess your observation is at least worth debugging in order to figure
out what exactly is going on and what else is broken (you should
probably try bisecting).