[cfe-dev] Qualified name for a template base class

Sitvanit Ruah via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 22 23:40:59 PDT 2019

Hello,
I am trying to do class hierarchy analysis by adding a checker to clang
analyzer but when the base class is a template I do not get the base full
qualified name.

For example:
I have the following classes:

namespace bases{
  class base0{

  ....};

  template <class T>
  class base1{
  };

  class derived : public base1<base0>{
  };

}

In my code in VisitRecordDecl(CXXRecordDecl decl) where decl is the
declaration of class "derived" I iterate over the bases of derived:

for (CXXBaseSpecifier *it = decl->bases->begin(); it!=decl->bases_end();
it++){
   QualType qual_type = it->getType();
   std::cout << qual_type.getAsString();
   }

   qual_type.getAsString() gives "base1<class bases::base0>" for the base
of bases::derived. How can I get the full qualified name bases::base1<class
bases::base0>?

 The same happens when the derived and base classes are defined in
different namespaces.

 For example

 using namespace bases;
 namespace bases2{
   class derived2 : public base1<base0>

 }

 I still get only base1<class bases::base0> instead of bases::base1<class
bases::base0>.
 Note that for the template argument the full qualified name is given.

 The problem happens only when the base is a template.
 Thanks,
 Sitvanit