[cfe-dev] Bugzilla clang components for C

Tim Northover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 17 05:17:54 PDT 2019

On Fri, 17 May 2019 at 12:52, Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I propose that we add C as a catch-all category for C bugs, add C17
> because it's the latest published standard, and C2x because it's the
> next upcoming standard. I'm not certain if there's enough merit to
> having C11, C99, and C89 as explicit categories and I'm a mildly
> concerned about having too many component choices, but I'm not opposed
> to adding them as well.

I added some before seeing this message, but we can change it later if
needed. I added: C, C11, C18 (apparently that's the official name, so
the first bug in that component should probably be Clang's -std=c17
option) and C2x. I decided the cut-off based on the C++ standards
supported, though that may be historical.

Cheers.

Tim.