[cfe-dev] Bugzilla clang components for C

Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 17 04:52:08 PDT 2019

Currently, our bugzilla for Clang lists all of the various C++
standards supported by Clang as "components" for categorizing bugs,
but we do not have any C standard (or even just a generic C category).
I've seen this cause confusion twice within the past week, so I'm
hoping our bugzilla admins can help add one or more categories for C.

I propose that we add C as a catch-all category for C bugs, add C17
because it's the latest published standard, and C2x because it's the
next upcoming standard. I'm not certain if there's enough merit to
having C11, C99, and C89 as explicit categories and I'm a mildly
concerned about having too many component choices, but I'm not opposed
to adding them as well.

Additionally, it would be nice to fix C++'17 to be C++17 as a drive-by.

~Aaron