[cfe-dev] Generating index file for CTU analysis

Gavin Cui via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Mar 29 17:16:14 PDT 2019

Hi, I was trying to play with the cross translation unit analysis by
passing the argument '-analyzer-config
experimental-enable-naive-ctu-analysis=true'.  However, it seems I need to
generate an 'externalDefMap.txt' file at first. Then I found that I may be
able to use 'intercept-build <build-command>' and 'analyze-build
--ctu-collect-only' script for generating this file.

I currently stack at the intercept build step,
But after running 'intercept-build gcc -o test test.c foo.c', I got an
empty 'compile_commands.json' file.

How could I address this problem or is there any other way to generate the
CTU index file?
Thank you!

Regards!