[cfe-dev] Problem with relinking

Don Hinton via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 26 17:34:34 PDT 2019

Hi Tom:

I've got a smaller test case which only involves part of
clang-tools-extra.  At least it's only a few files that get relinked, but
when I make a change to an llvm file, it relinks 90+ binaries.

I only need to touch a file in my new checker to get this behavior.  If I
run ninja after touching a file, it'll recompile that file, then relink
everything in clang-tidy.  And if I run ninja again, without doing anything
else, it will relink all the same binaries:

local:/Users/dhinton/projects/llvm_project/monorepo/build/Debug $ ninja
[11/11] Linking CXX executable bin/c-index-test
local:/Users/dhinton/projects/llvm_project/monorepo/build/Debug $ ninja
[10/10] Linking CXX executable bin/c-index-test

Still now sure what's going on...