[cfe-dev] Debugging Clang with LLDB

Adrian Prantl via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 25 14:05:17 PDT 2019

> On Mar 25, 2019, at 1:13 PM, Jan Svoboda <jansvoboda11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The `argv.size()` expression doesn't crash with SIGSEGV when used directly in the Clang binary though, only when evaluated in LLDB.
> I'm running x64 Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) and compiled the binary in debug mode using Clang, LLD, libc++ (all in version 8.0.0) installed from the official APT repository.

That sounds like an LLDB bug then. If you are interested you could report it on the LLVM bugzilla and include steps to reproduce and most importantly a full expression log (run "log enable lldb expr") before running your command.

+Jonas—are LLDB reproducers usable enough for this example already?

-- adrian