[cfe-dev] Parsing CUDA AST using clang

Justin Lebar via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 9 13:52:12 PST 2019

Hi, there are three errors here.

> error: cannot find libdevice for sm_20. Provide path to different CUDA
installation via --cuda-path, or pass -nocudalib to build without linking
with libdevice.

> error: GPU arch sm_20 is supported by CUDA versions between 7.0 and 8.0
(inclusive), but installation at /usr/local/cuda is 10.0.  Use --cuda-path
to specify a different CUDA install, pass a different GPU arch with
--cuda-gpu-arch, or pass --no-cuda-version-check.

If you have ideas how to make these two errors more clear, patches welcome.

> error: unable to handle compilation, expected exactly one compiler job

Pass --cuda-device-only or --cuda-host-only.  Right now clang is trying to
compile both for host and device, and that isn't going to work.