[cfe-dev] Understanding Options.td

David Greene via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 5 13:01:03 PST 2019

David Blaikie via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> I haven't looked - but my first guess at an argument to seek
> inspiration from, would be -fuse-ld. See how that's handled, how it
> warns if the compiler isn't doing a link action, etc.

I grepped around but didn't see anything obvious that tells clang to
emit the warning for use in a non-linking context.  clang does emit the
warning so I am puzzled about how that happens.

The definition looks simple enough:

def fuse_ld_EQ : Joined<["-"], "fuse-ld=">, Group<f_Group>, Flags<[CoreOption]>;

It must not have anything to do with the TableGen definition.

                           -David