[cfe-dev] StringRef'ize APIs

Chandra Annamaneni via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 4 22:42:27 PST 2019

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response. I have been having issues with my
list subscription.

I think this is quite a simple task, if a little tedious.

I did consider some clang tools but don't know if any of them are
useful in this context.

If you think otherwise, please let me know.

I do not know if there is a consensus that this should be done. A
search of the cfe-dev archive did

not yield anything conclusive. I picked this work from the 'Open projects' list.

Thanks.

Chandra

On 23/02/2019 04:42, Chandra Annamaneni via cfe-dev wrote:
>* Hello,
*> >* I am planning to work on StringRef'izing the APIs in clang. Please let
*>* me know if someone else is working on it. Any comments or advice will be
*>* appreciated.
*
Can you say something about your strategy?

Are you going to automate the task with tooling?

Can you post some example changes that you think represent the
challenges that will arise?

Is there already consensus that this should be done?

Thanks,

Stephen.