[cfe-dev] Help required debugging clang

vivek pandya via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 22 02:49:00 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to debug clang++ with following program
template <class T> T::R f();

here it gives error:
 error: missing 'typename' prior to dependent type name 'T::R'
and I want to understand the complete flow where this error is generated.

For this purpose I put break point in clang code which uses
dianostic kind err_typename_missing but the break points never hits.

So in other approach I tried to debug from the main()
but after sys::ExecuteAndWait() it spawns new thread for clang-9 executable
and then I can no longer debug it.

Can someone provide some pointer on how to find out the exact flow?

-Vivek