[cfe-dev] clang-tidy: where does the comma get removed when removing an arg?

Yitzhak Mandelbaum via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 29 06:14:06 PDT 2019

If I create a removal FixItHint in clang-tidy to remove a function argument
(that is, the `CharSourceRange` in the cal to FixItHint::CreateRemoval()
spans a function-call argument), the associated comma for that argument (if
any) is removed as well.

For example, when removing the second argument of `foo(3, 4)`, clang-tidy
(correctly) removes the comma to produce `foo(3)`.

I'd like to understand *where* that happens in the code.   I've looked
through much of the code involved and searched the codebase for
`tok::comma`, but was completely unable to discover the source of this
modification.

thanks,
yitzhak